On with the designer wellies, and get set to explore our world of big screens for festivals.
Trainee Audio Visual Technician
As part of our on-going expansion there is now the opportunity for us to recruit a Trainee Audio Visual Technician (TAVT), who we will coach, train and develop.
Their role will be to manage, all warehouse enquiries through the technical process when an event is booked in with the projects team. The TAVT will manage all equipment, set, stage and scenic requirements for the project from equipment selection, testing and checking all equipment and cables are ready ahead of the delivery of that event.
They will shadow the AV Technicians within the warehouse and also develop skills with in house training, manufacture knowledge training and assist AV Technicians on site with live support as they develop through the skill set training planned.
These can range from projects in conferences, press launches, awards, roadshows, exhibitions and outdoor events, taking each one from initial preparation through to on site. The success of this candidate will mean being moved through the company positions to Audio Visual Technician where the role will have the responsibility of being company representative on site and being part of the wider technical project delivery team, scoping the project and allocating the necessary equipment for installation on site.
You must be able to converse and show the highest standards of customer service at all times and deal with pressured situations in a calm and effective manner.
Commitment to developing existing business is key! You must be a hardworking, amiable individual, self-motivated and organized, confident and well presented, with an ambition to grow and develop in their chosen field.
Flexibility to work as a member of a busy team who put client’s requirements first at all times
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery, Installation and Collection of Audio Visual equipment to client sites in UK
- Preparation of all set & stage products
- Preparation and testing of all audio visual equipment and cabling
- Operation of equipment for conferences, awards, exhibitions and venue installations – dependent on knowledge
- A current driving license is essential.
- Required to assist when necessary throughout the region dependent on business levels. Unsociable hours and weekend working will be expected.
- Responsible for the stock control, maintenance and cleanliness of all of the equipment, reporting all equipment malfunctions and inaccuracies.
- Accurate processing of all paperwork for Delivery, Collection & Goods In
- Product quality control, checking and maintaining of equipment prior to delivery & collection
- Knowledge and an interest in and a want to train in the setting up and operating of Audio Visual equipment on client sites.
- Good personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Working through projects on internal booking system.
- Working closely with the Project Team/Clients to deliver technical elements.
- Liaison with internal departments.
- Training and knowledge with understanding and reading of CAD designs
- Setting up, operating, dismantling audio, video and lighting in accordance with general health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Any other duties as requested by Project Account Managers
- Ongoing Training & Crew uninform will be provided
Dependant on the applicants previous education they may be eligible to carry out this trainee role under the National Apprenticeship scheme – if this is the case we would ask that they work towards Level 2 and Level 3 of the Technical Theatre: Lighting, Sound & Stage (England) apprenticeship framework over a two year period. When applying please detail on the cover letter if this is something you would like to be considered for.
To find out more about the National Apprenticeship scheme and if you could be eligible for training under the scheme please click here.
Job title Trainee Audio Visual Technician
Date reviewed April 2017
Purpose To manage all processes for project delivery, supporting AV Technicians
Reporting Project Co-Ordinator/Project Director
Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Location High Ongar, Essex (Head Office)
Salary Dependent on experience
Annual Leave 25 days (3 of which to be allocated at Christmas for industry shut down)
We are always on the look out for talented, freelance Technicians to support us with our client activity throughout the UK. If you are interested in working with Showcase AVi on these projects.